Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Safe In The Arms of God

"I know the LORD is always with me, I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me!" Psalm 16:8
SafetyI felt led to write to anyone today to anyone that is scared. 
One group of people come to mind though, women. Especially women who are divorced.
Let me tell you why.
One of my best friends pointed out that I write about my divorce a lot. I hadn't realized that I do. If that's the case though, it's not because I haven't gotten over it. It's because that's a part of my story and I want to encourage others with it.
You see, he left me. That is a HUGE blow to a person's self esteem, ego, pride, whatever, to be left. 
If you  have experienced what I did, and your husband left, it is a natural thought to think that God might leave too. (or even if you are a man, and your wife left) After all, if the person who vowed to stay with you "til death do us part", didn't uphold their vow, why would God, right?
WRONG!
Let me tell you one thing... through these last three years, God has been my constant. I cling to Him. I run to Him. I sit in His arms and let Him hold me. 
In my Psalms reading today with Barbara, the title was "Safety in God". These are just Scriptures from Psalms, and only a few...but they ring so true to my heart. The Bible is FULL of Scripture talking about God not leaving and how He's always here for us.
The top posted one is awesome. I'm going to share a couple more:
Psalm 16: 5-6, "LORD, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing, You guard all that is mine. The land you have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance!"
Psalm 142:3, "When I am overwhelmed, you alone know the way I should turn."
Psalm 46:1, "God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble."
God promises to NEVER leave or forsake us. Never means never.
This includes your mistakes, this includes your failures, this even includes the few times you allow your pride to well up inside of you. God sees it all...and He promises to not leave.
NO MATTER WHAT!
You are not alone. One of my friends started a Facebook group for divorced moms. It is a huge source of support, prayer, and comfort. Find a group that matches what you are dealing with. Be honest about your struggles, and watch how God moves.
Even if you are a married person who is just having a hard time feeling or hearing God, you are safe in His arms, and He will not leave you.
No weapon formed against us will prevail! The God of Angel Armies is always by our side!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment