Friday, June 10, 2016

Experiencing God

"How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up you are still with me!"
Wednesday night, I went with my best friend Stephen to a youth camp. Stephen and his son Corey are starting a ministry. They want to speak to people, give their testimony or teach from the Bible, in order to bring people closer to God.
I was their camera woman. LOL 
I went in that night with absolutely NO expectations. I knew that God would use Stephen and Corey for that youth group, but I fully honestly was "just there".
Have you ever just "been somewhere"? I mean, it was a brand new metal building. We were in the gym type area. I had helped set up chairs for the students to sit in. I had prayed for those students and what they would experience with God that night. 
Little did I know, that God had a plan for me to experience Him as well.
I was in the very back of the room with the camera. I sat behind teenagers of all ages, sizes, and races. Some had sunburnt faces and arms, others didn't. Some had blue bandannas on their arms, others had red and green. I'm sure they came in that night not really knowing what to expect either. Experiencing God
We had worship. During the song Good Good Father was when I had my experience with God. I would try to explain it to you, but I feel as if it's something that I need to just ponder in my heart and remember. Not to mention the fact that some people might not understand it. So I won't go into detail...but it was amazing. 
God showed up and was like, "I'm here. I love you. I am with you always."
He really is our Good Good Father. He really does love us more than any human being ever could. And He really wants to spend time with us.
God loves us so much and He wants nothing more than to be in a relationship with us. Relationships take work. We talk to Him by praying. Then we hear Him by reading His Word and being quiet. God is all powerful, but He speaks in a still small voice.
I want to tell you this... even when you least expect it, God can show up and show out. It's what He does. If you need to remember that He is there, He will help you remember. If you think He is far away, I promise, He's not. 
What is going on in your life right now that you seriously need God to show up? 
I would love to pray about it for you, if you'll get in touch with me. Comment on my blog, email me, message me on Facebook... if we are personal friends and you have my number, text or call me. I'm here too.
It's my prayer and God will touch you today. Touch you in some way that there is NO denying it's Him. 
God bless you today and always.
PS. If you are local and would like this dynamic duo to come speak at your church or event, get in touch with me. They will bless your socks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment