Saturday, May 21, 2016

The Good, The Bad & The Annoying

"Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity, but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty." Proverbs 21:5 NLT
Good, Bad, Annoying
Last night I went to one of my best friend's to hang out. She lives in the country. I mean COUNTRY. The ride home is always full of me darting my eyes on each side of the road looking for deer.
After a got a little way from her house, I felt like turning off the radio and praying, so I did. I prayed out loud like I was talking to God in the car. (Which, I guess, technically, I was.)
I prayed against things hurting one of my friends, I prayed for things to leave other friends alone, I asked for protection, help and healing for others.
As I got closer to my exit to go home, traffic picked up and I noticed a truck going WAY too fast. I was doing the speed limit of 65 and they passed me like I was sitting still. Up ahead were two other vehicles, one in each lane. The truck had to slow down.
At this point, I was through praying. I had attempted to turn the radio back on, but something told me to listen. So I left it off.
Do you know how loud silence really is? I mean, it can kind of ring in your ears.
Anyway... the truck had to slow down. He didn't have a choice, and I felt like God spoke to me.
"See, sometimes you are going too fast. You aren't quite following My leading, and I put stuff in the way to slow you down."
AHHHH I see.
Then, just before my exit, I noticed headlights so close to the back of my car that if I would have even slightly tapped the breaks, they would have hit me.  I heard...
"Sometimes, others are pushing you into things that you aren't ready for. Stay at your speed and don't let that happen."
WOW, Ok, God. 
The good obstacles and the things that God puts in the way are helpful. Remember the Proverbs 3: 5-6  the NLT version said, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on you own understanding, seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take."
The bad obstacles or distractions aren't sent by God. They are from the enemy and there to keep you off God's path. If it doesn't go along with Scripture, it's not God. 
The annoying things are the pushy people or the ones trying to convince you to do things their way. No one's way is better than God's. Period. So, stand firm in your faith and don't allow anyone to annoyingly distract you. 
God loves us all and has a great plan for our lives. Following His leading is not a bad thing at all. I don't know about you, but I would rather follow Him than anyone else.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment