Monday, May 23, 2016

Hope Makes Us Human

Psalm 147:11, "The LORD delights in those who fear Him, who put their hope in His unfailing love."
Hope Makes Us HumanThis weekend, I watched a movie twice. It was called "The 5th Wave". It was an alien invasion movie, but it was not cheesy. I thought it was actually pretty good. At the end of the movie, the main character said something I liked, but I didn't write it down until the second time I watched it. Here is what she said:
"The others see our hope as a weakness, a delusion, but it's our hope that let's us survive, that let's us bend but remain unbroken. It's our hope that will let us win one day. It's our hope that makes us human."
"The others" are the aliens, but I thought how true this is for Christians and non-Christians.
Non-Christians think we are crazy. They think our hope in a Heavenly Father is weakness and delusion. They think Christians are simple minded, brain washed, crazy people. That's so far from the truth.
I really liked the part about hope letting us bend but not be broken. I have experienced that in my own life. Things that have happened brought me to my knees and caused me to question my faith. That's when God took over, gave me peace and let me know that He had me. I might have bent under the pressure, but I wasn't about to break.
Our hope helps us survive too. It gives us the strength to keep moving forward when bad times hit us because we know that those bad times won't last forever.
How is your hope? Are you in the middle of an issue that has taken your hope away from you?
I want to encourage you today. God is still right there with you. He hasn't left. I promise. You have hope. He told us in Jeremiah 29:11 that He has a plan for our lives, it's a plan of HOPE to prosper us and give us a future. 
One of the really cool things about God is that when He makes a promise, He keeps it. He also doesn't lie. So you don't have to worry about Him claiming to be there and then finding out He wasn't after all. 
I pray that this revived someone's hope today. Don't let the enemy steal your hope. You are loved and nothing you can do will make God stop loving you.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment