Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Balance

"The godliness of good people rescues them; the ambition of treacherous people traps them." Proverbs 11: 6
Balance
Well, in my tiredness, I goofed today. I have been reading Ecclesiastes for the past 8 weeks with a group of women on Facebook. I have learned how to SOAP a Scripture. If you've never done it, you should try it sometime.
S - Scripture, write it down
O- Observation, who is it written to, etc.
A- Application, how does it apply to you
P-Prayer, write out a prayer in response
I was supposed to read Ecclesiastes 11 today, but just as I was about to type this up, realized it's Proverbs. Maybe it's a God thing anyway and someone needs to hear this today.
Next to this Scripture in my Bible, I wrote, "Balance, doing things to honor God is ok."
I agree with Solomon to a point, however, being Godly does not fully keep you out of trouble. I think being Godly gives you a Heavenly Father to help you through the hard times.
My life hasn't been perfect by any means. I was looking for love as a teenager, married young, wasn't living for God, had two miscarriages, then watched my husband of 19 years walk out the door. (Sounds like a bad country song, doesn't it? LOL)
After my miscarriages, I fully ran back to God. I changed. I realized who could help me through anything and it was Him.
While living for God, and being "Godly", if you will, is when my husband left. So, that right there is proof that living for God doesn't keep bad things from happening to you.
What it does prove is that God is always here for His children.
I would not be where I am today or who I am today without Him, His love, and guidance.
What hard time are you going through right now? Divorce, just general marriage issues, loss of a job, loss of a family member, health problems, work issues, having to move, or having a sick family member... I could go on with this list if I needed to. There is so much we deal with here on earth.
Can I just encourage you today? Lean into God. Let Him help you through this. Pray to Him, read your Bible, go to church, talk to someone face to face and ask for help if you need it. We aren't meant to live this life alone. You aren't alone anyway. You've got God and the body of Christ.
The only way I have gotten through the things I have is with God's help, and my family and friend's help. Otherwise, there is no telling where I'd be.
We must find the balance of all of it in life. We are going to experience bad, but we don't have to let that bad consume us. There is still a lot of good in the world too.
If you need prayer, please don't hesitate to contact me and ask me to pray for you. I will. I promise.
God bless you today and always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment