Thursday, April 21, 2016

You ARE Good Enough!

Ecclesiastes 7:20 NLT, "Not a single person on earth is always good and never sins."
I have struggled with how I felt about myself most of my life. I know, it sounds crazy, but it's the truth. What I wrote about on Monday, that my Pastor is teaching, really is true. If all you hear about yourself is negative, that's all you think about yourself.
You aren't ever going to be "perfect" or "good enough". We are born with a sinful nature. Once we become Christians, that old flesh is made new, but it creeps back up from time to time. 
Not to mention our enemy... oh how he would love to keep you down! For way too many years, I have listened to his lies about how I'm too much of this and not enough of that. I'm sick and tired of living that way.
I believe the truths that God has spoken over me. I am good enough because He loves me. He made me. I have a purpose, and He has a plan for my life.
GOD MAKES ME GOOD ENOUGH!You ARE Good Enough!
He makes you good enough too. I'm about to let you off the hook in more ways than one.
  1. No one on this planet is perfect. That should make you feel better. You don't have to strive for something that isn't possible.
  2. Everyone sins. No one is so "good" that they don't sin.
Will you please stop beating yourself up for not being perfect? Will you please hear the truth that you are loved. No. Matter. What!!
I have written about this idea before... but I will retell it. Let's say your life is like a flower bed. It's got a lot of pretty flowers. Those are the good things in your life. But it's got weeds too. Like cussing, or drinking, or watching things that aren't positive... you DO NOT have to pull those weeds out of your life to come to God.
That's His job!
You dedicate your beautiful flower garden (life) to God, and let Him do the work. He will pull those weeds out of your life over time as you grow and learn. 
People say this all the time, "I will give my life to God when I get my act together. I still ______"
God doesn't want you to get your act together. He wants you to give Him your life and He will help you become who He has called you to be.
He's already planted flowers of gifts, talents, abilities, and people in your flower bed. He's just got to water and grow them once you give Him the chance.
You are good enough because God loves you. PERIOD.
Will give your life fully to Him today? Maybe you have been a Christian for years and think you are fully surrendered... but are you really?
Examine your thoughts about God. Do you think He hurts you? Do you run away from Him when times are tough instead of running TO Him?
Pray through it and see the truth, and let the truth set you free!
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment