Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The Real Reason I Write

Psalm 71:7, "My life is an example to many, because You have been my strength and protection."
As I was reading my Bible this morning, God really spoke to me and moved in my heart. I hope this will help someone today.
The real reason I write is simple, to bring God glory and honor, first and foremost. And, to help other people live through the rough times, rejoice in the good times, and understand God better than they used to. I am a very authentic person, so I am real in my writing. You get what you see with me. I don't know how to live any other way. (I'm like that in real life too.)
IMG_2472I started this blog under a different name, back around January of 2013. I had no idea what I was doing and where it would take me.
Now, three years later, I've self published a devotional book, have my own actual website, and get great feed back from readers.
1 Peter 1:6-7 says, "So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. 7 These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold- though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 8 You love Him even though you have never seen Him. Though you do not see Him now, you trust Him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. 9 The reward for trusting Him will be the salvation of your souls."
I have had many trials in my life. The two biggest were losing twins at almost 15 weeks pregnant, and my husband of 19 years leaving. But you know what? I've continued to grow and move forward in life.
I believe I'm supposed to share this stuff with my readers to help you do the same!
Life stinks sometimes. It really does. Things happen to us that are out of our control. You lose a job, or a loved one. Maybe you have a family member that isn't doing well. Things have happened to me too.
How we handle the trials is what counts. I refuse to sit down and wallow in the negative. I refuse to allow anger to take over. I refuse to give someone else that kind of control over me. I am in charge of my reactions and my emotions. No one else.
Romans 8:26 & 27 says, "And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don't know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. 27. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will."
Your help is already inside of you! The Holy Spirit will lead, guide, and help you get through the bad times. Like the Scripture above states, He even prays for you when you can't!
We WILL have trials and trouble in our lives. We live in a fallen sinful world that is ruled by our enemy. As a Christian, he can not have our souls, but he will sure try to make your life a living hell if he can. He doesn't want you to move forward. He doesn't want you to pray, go to church, or read your Bible. He wants you angry at God and blaming God for the bad things in your life. Because, then, you will not be effective for God.
Not today devil! Not today!
No matter what has happened in your life, remember this... we have a saying at my church,
"If it's not good, it's not God."
Write that down.
God loves you and He doesn't bring the trials. Does He allow it? Yes, because He's all knowing. But He doesn't say, "Ok, my child, in order to get you to come back to me, I'm going to let you lose your job." What loving God would do that?
The bad happens, then He follows through on the truth written in Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them."
God turns the bad around for good. Look what He's done in my life. Is it perfect? NOPE! But I know in my heart that I am doing exactly what He has planned for me. 
Will you allow God to help you through and your use life to help others? I am positive that He can and will if you let Him. There is power in our testimony! And our testimony is just simply telling others what God has done for you.
There is someone in this world who is going through what you've been through, and they could use the encouragement of how you dealt with it..and the truth that you made it through that horrible time. 
If you feel led to talk to someone, type up something on social media, or even start writing a blog, please go for it! I will cheer you on the entire way!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment