Wednesday, April 13, 2016

God Is For You!

Sunset
"The LORD is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?" Psalm 118:6 NLT
Psalm 118 is full of awesome verses, several of which have been used in songs. I'm not sure of the exact context of this Psalm, because David was pursued and hunted by King Saul as well as his own son, Absalom. A lot of David's writings were during those times that he was literally running for his life.
Have you ever felt like you were running for your life? You've felt attacked by people and/ or had something done to you by another human being that wasn't just, right, or fair?
ME TOO!
But you know what I do? I run to God. Let me tell you why.
  1. God is for me, even when no human is. Psalm 118: 5 says, "In my distress I prayed to the LORD, and the LORD answered me and set me free." God can help you through stuff that your friends and family aren't capable of helping with.
  2. God is a great protector. Psalm 118: 8 says, "It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust people." Trusting people isn't bad, but trusting them instead of God is wrong. OR trusting them with something that we should only trust God with is wrong.
  3.  God gives me strength. Psalm 118: 14 says, "The LORD is my strength and my song; He has given me victory." Also, Philippians 4:13 tells us that we can do ALL things through Christ who gives us strength.
  4. God loves me unconditionally forever. Psalm 118: 1 & 29, "Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! His faithful love endures forever."
Bad things happen to good people on a daily basis. We are not free from trouble. But we are free to trust in the One who can get us through the hard times and rejoice with us in the good times.
When something bad does happen, please don't blame God for it. He loves you and He will not try to hurt you to get you to trust Him. He wants to help you through it, just like He helped David through his many trials. 
David was not a perfect man, but he was called "A man after God's own heart." To me, that is saying that God doesn't expect us to be perfect in life, but He does want us to perfectly love and trust Him.
Will you do that today? Trust Him through the good days and bad days. He's there. He loves you and He just wants to show it to you if you'll let Him.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment