Friday, April 29, 2016

A Conversation With Fear

Isaiah 41:10, "So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
FearFear can be powerful if we let it. My friend David Dollar (or D Money as I like to call him),  did a skit and played the role of fear talking to himself. 
David said, "Fear will not be gentle so you have to be rough back. Tackle the fear and tell it to take a hike so you can run with success."
Last summer, when David spoke at Launch Out, he told us that he was about to quit his job and work from home. He did just that and has been doing very well since.
What does he do? I'm glad you asked! He is a Disney vacation planner! Cool job, huh?
I have never even been there, and he's an expert, so if I ever go, I will be using his services. I know he's helped people get free meals, and planned everything for them so they don't have to worry about stuff on vacation.
You see, God has called us all to do something with our lives. We have talents and skills that He wants to use to honor and glorify Himself, as well as help us make a living doing what we love. That's not wrong. You don't have to go to a job you hate just to pay your bills. Is that really living? God promises to help us when we ask for it. And yet, we don't ask!
People let fear get a hold of them and it does horrible things. The Scripture comes to my mind from 2 Timothy where Paul told Timothy, Chapter 1 verse 7, "For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self discipline."
I allowed fear to keep me from publishing my book for months. All I thought about was "What if it fails? What if no one buys my book?" You know what... what if they didn't. If I wrote that book out of obedience to, following His instructions to me, what did I need to worry about? He will do what He wants with it. That's how we need to look at everything in our lives. Do what God has called you to do, and let Him handle the results.
David is living his dream. He is doing what he loves from the comfort of home where he is able to help his wife with their special needs son more. If he was working 9-5 in an office away from home, he wouldn't get as much time with him.
David DollarYou can find David's Facebook page here: Disney on a Dollar
I encourage you, step out of your comfort zone and tell fear to go away! Talk to it, and tell it what God has said. Then, follow God's lead. He will not steer you wrong. I promise.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment