Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The Blame Game

Genesis 3:12 NLT, "The man replied, "It was the woman you gave me who gave me the fruit and I ate it."

Have you ever wondered if Adam stressed the word "YOU" or "WOMAN" when he said this? LOL Because it seems as if he's blaming them both.

Yesterday, my best friend said, "You allow people to control your emotions. You let THEM make you mad, etc." 

I thought about it, and he was right.

My Zumba instructor has this saying in class, "Own it and Bring it". You know, don't just half way do the steps. Get in there, and do it like you mean it.

This is a lesson for all us. We need to stop blaming other people for how WE act or react!

Adam should have taken responsibility. Regardless of HOW he got the fruit, he ate it. 

Regardless of who says what to me, I am the only one who can control my reaction to what they say.


It's time to stop blaming everyone else for our problems. 

Yes, there are situations that cause us to have issues. For example, our childhoods really do play a huge role in who we are and why we do the things we do. However, it's not an excuse for us to behave in whatever fashion we want to.

Divorce sucks. It's usually harder on the kids...and it does affect them. But there comes a time in that child's life when they have to say, "I'm not going to act like this anymore. What happened happened, now I need to move forward." 

Circumstances can also help you make decisions to never follow in the same footsteps.

I talked to one a couple of my cousins yesterday. One said that he made the decision to do everything in his power to not make the mistakes others in his family have made. So, the bad situations caused him to me determined to not repeat them. That's how we should do it. Not make the same mistakes and blame it on what we saw.

The real main person who gets the blame a lot is God. People blame Him for all of the bad stuff in their lives. I don't understand this.

Let me tell you from my own experience. 3 1/2 years ago, I was living for God, just as I am today. My husband of 19 years decided that he didn't love me anymore and I am too Godly. Was that God's fault?

HECK NO!

Could God have prevented it? Yeah. He's all knowing and all powerful. But He also gives us free will. My ex husband exercised his free will and did what he wanted. 

And you know what? God has been walking with me through it all. I do not blame God. Honestly, I don't fully blame my ex husband. I changed. I was not the woman he married. At times I was very legalistic too. Thankfully, I've changed now.

Anyway, you get my point, I hope. Stop blaming other people for your actions or reactions. Take responsibility and know this, PLEASE know this. God DID NOT cause something bad to happen to you. He is a loving Father and He doesn't work that way.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment