Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Nothing New Under The Sun

"History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new. Sometimes people say, "Here is something new!" But actually it is old; nothing is ever truly new." ~ Ecclesiastes 1: 9-10 NLT

I'm sure you've heard this saying before, "Nothing new under the sun." They were quoting the Bible whether they realized it or not.

There is something I have learned through my trails and difficult seasons of life. I'm never alone. Even when you think your situation is unlike anyone else's, I'm telling you someone on this planet and experienced it.

For example: I was married with three children when my ex left. A little over a year ago, I met a man who was married with three children and his wife left them. His children are close in age to mine, as well as they are two boys, then a girl. Talk about ironic! 

There are many people who go through divorce. Unfortunately. However, meeting someone who experienced almost exactly what I did was comforting.

The same thing goes for my miscarriages. As hard as that was, I know I'm not alone because there are other women in my life who have lived through it like I did.

When bad things happen to us, it gives us an opportunity for ministry.

I know at first, when you are going through something, it totally sucks. I get that. It's how you handle it later that matters. 

You are not alone. You aren't the only person who ever went through what you are going through. Sure, your circumstances are different. And it's VERY personal, because after all, it's you. However, there is a person who can relate to what you are dealing with. There is someone who can help you through the junk.

That's what we should be doing anyway. Take your negative life experiences, let God turn them around for good, then help someone else.

One of the most comforting thoughts to me is that I am not alone. 

If I could add... what really helped me, and Christine Caine get through the bad stuff is God's Word. Her devotional today mentions how she clung to God's Word when she found out she was adopted. That totally turned her life upside down. But she knew who God was from Scripture and she trusted Him. Here are to parts I'd like to share:

"God's Word is living and active and is supposed to interact with us in these critical moments in life. The Word was immediately a comfort, a lamp, a light and an instructor for me. Because I knew the Word, I could fall back on God's truth, His promises, and what I knew about His character."

"By making the truth of God's Word bigger than the facts that had been revealed, I could readily ground myself in the great overriding truth that God is who He says He is and could be trusted even when everything else had just shifted in my life. Newly disclosed facts were bombarding me, but the truth never changed."

Christine Caine isn't the first person to find out she was adopted after living well into her adult life. Look how she handled it, and look at how she can relate to others now who experienced the same thing. She's using her negative, hard, bad life circumstance to minister to others.

That's what we should be doing. We can always cling to God's Word, as she did, for comfort. 

Since I was left and told that I wasn't loved anymore. God's promise in the Bible to never leave me or stop loving me, gives me strength. I believe that about Him. It makes me feel very good to know that truth.

What are you going through? I promise you aren't the only one... there is someone that can relate and help you. That's the scary part... you have to be willing to share and ask for help. When you do, it's worth it. I promise.

Take the time to go through the Bible and look for Scriptures that will help you as well. God is not a man, He keeps His promises, and He has an awesome character. Cling to Him and He will see you through it.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment