Thursday, March 10, 2016

Is Your Load Too Heavy?

"The LORD helps the fallen and lifts those bent beneath their loads." ~ Psalm 145: 14 NLT

Today in my Bible reading, I was only supposed to read Psalm 145:1-7, but I had a good bit of this chapter highlighted, so I had to re-read it.


I feel like someone needs this encouragement/ reminder today. It's even helped me.

Life can really suck sometimes. Bad things happen to good people all the time. Some people move forward in life, while others seem to be stuck where they are. It is just the way life is.

Sometimes, the heavy load of all that we have to endure gets us bent out of shape. It gets so heavy, we are bent over, struggling just to breathe.

That's when we need to turn to God. He will help us!

His character speaks volumes about who He is and why He does what He does:

* Merciful & Compassionate

* Slow to anger

* Filled with unfailing love

* Showers compassion on His creation

* ALWAYS keeps His promises

*Gracious in all He does

*Righteous in all He does

*Close to all who call on Him

*Grants the desires of those who fear Him

*Hears their cries for help and rescues them

*Protects all those who love Him

This is who God is. (This is all out of Psalm 145.) It is a very impressive list. However, I hear you, "But Jill, He hasn't granted me the desires of my heart." That's where I want to tell you something my friend.

HANG ON!

He hasn't answered the desires of my heart either. I struggle some days. I'm not going to lie. But I trust Him. And I know that He has a plan for me, and it's greater than anything I can imagine.

He loves us. He will never leave or forsake us. So, you hold on with me. Ok?

Give God your heavy load and let Him carry it for you. It is NOT a sign of weakness. It's actually a sign of obedience. If we are trying to do everything our way in our own power, we aren't fully living for the Lord. I mean, who wants to walk through life alone anyway? I know I don't. Psalm 55:22 and 1 Peter 5:7 both remind us to cast our cares on the Lord, because He cares for us. Why don't you do that today?

Let me pray for you:
Father God, I pray for everyone that is carrying heavy loads today. Lift those burdens from them Father. Help them give it to You. I think that's the key, we have to give it to You for You to carry it. You don't want to bully us and just take things from us, because we don't really learn anything that way. You love us so much that You want us to trust You enough to give it to You. I hope that anyone bent over by their issues will stand tall and go to You for help. Coming to You does not mean we are weak. It actually means we are doing what You told us to in the first place. Thank You Father, for helping us through life. Sometimes are rough. In Jesus name, amen.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment