Friday, February 5, 2016

"Father, Glorify Your Name"

John 12:28, "Father, glorify Your name!" ~ Jesus
 Psalm 69: 16, "Answer my prayers, O LORD, for your unfailing love is wonderful. Take care of me, for Your mercy is plentiful."

I am learning so much about prayer from church, the Facebook group I'm in, and the Kendrick brother's book.  I love it!

Wednesday night, Mrs. Laurel taught us about praying for God to glorify His name through our prayers and lives.

She highlighted four areas:

1. In our blessings: We need to thank God for the good stuff that happens in our lives. Especially if it's something we have prayed for, and we are seeing it happen. I know for me, God has been answering my prayers for other people a lot in the last few weeks. It's so awesome for me to see the answers!

2. Through questions and decisions: Asking God to guide us takes it from just trying to get God to do what we want Him to. Ask for guidance, wisdom, and break throughs in areas that you might be struggling with. I have been struggling with something this week, so I'm praying for God to glorify His name through it.

3. In my suffering: We are going to have hard times. It happens. And those are the times that people are watching us more closely to see how we handle things. I have had several people comment on how I "bounced back" after my divorce. I don't know if I'd call it that, but I wasn't going to let it keep me down. I don't want to be a bitter lonely old woman one day. I suffered, God helped me through it, and I've kept moving forward. His love, support, and help is how I got through that hard time.

4.Relationships: We need to pray for God to glorify His name by helping us see people like He does. That's hard to do with someone who has hurt you, but it's the best way to live. 

Mrs. Laurel said, "Prayer isn't just words. Part of it is our walk too. We should be walking in such a way that He is glorified."

Isn't that true?

Do you struggle with your prayer life? I would love to talk to you about it. If you are local, my small group on prayer starts next Sunday afternoon. Get in touch with me about it. I am not perfect, nor am I an expert, but I would love to tell you what I've learned. 

I love God so much. I just want to be close to Him and live my life for His glory, not mine.
I want to help you do the same.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment