Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Not A Merry Christmas

**** Please note, I will not be using Blogger much longer. I have my website now, and it will do all that I need it to. Go to www.javawithjill.com and subscribe if you haven't already. Thank you!****

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13 NLT

Life doesn't stop because it's the Christmas season. Right now, I  type this, I have friends with parents and children in the hospital. I have a friend who's son had surgery yesterday and one who is about to have surgery. 

I have several friends & family who have lost loved ones this year and are facing their first Christmas without that person. Then, there are my friends that are facing ANOTHER Christmas without someone they love. It doesn't even really matter how long it's been. Missing a loved one at Christmas stinks. My Granddaddy died on the operating table on December 23, 1992. I am still reminded of that every year. I don't dwell on it and let it bring me to low, but it's always there.

I just wanted to remind us to be sensitive this holiday season. You never know what someone is dealing with. And, by all means, pray for people. Not everyone will have a merry Christmas. 

In one of my devotionals, the writer said a couple of things I'd like to share.

"Relying on God's power to endure difficult times doesn't mean you won't ever have to face the storm of sadness or grief, but it does mean that you don't have to let that storm overtake you."

I realize that depression and other emotional issues can be a chemical imbalance in someone's body. But I also think sometimes we make things worse because we only see the problem. We allow the problem to get so big that it's this huge mountain and fear sets in. The storm doesn't have to overtake us. If we look to the One who calms the storms in our life, we will find help and hope.

"Sadness and grief will come - sometimes like a tidal wave - but you have an anchor of hope to keep you steady, and His name is Jesus!"

Being a Christian doesn't mean that life will always be rosy and perfect. But it does mean we have an anchor to hold on to when bad things happen. I don't know about you, that just brings me comfort. 

Be mindful of others this Christmas. Pray for people. They need it. Help them when you can in other ways as well. You will be blessed.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment