Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Do you struggle with pride?

Proverbs 11:2 says, "When pride comes, then comes dishonor, but with the humble is wisdom."
There are so many Scriptures about pride. This chapter in "The Battle Plan For Prayer" is about it because pride can block your prayers to God. Did you realize that?

The Kendrick brothers wrote, "The deception behind pride is that it makes us believe we're much more important than we really are. "For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.(Galatians 6:3)."

It's hard to be sorry and repentant for things if you don't think you've done anything wrong. If we will put pride aside and be others-centered instead of self-centered, our lives would be better. God doesn't like pride. It puts you in His place in your heart.

You know what else is pride? Putting yourself down.

I was surprised when someone told me that once. When you put yourself down, you are putting down God's creation. He made you the way you are. I have struggled with my self esteem for so long, it came naturally. However, hearing that it was "reverse pride" really moved my heart. I started working on how I see myself. There are things about my body that I can change through diet and exercise. The main thing I can't change, is my height. So, I need to just accept that and move on. I have no idea why God thought I should be about the height of a 10 year old, but He did. So who I am to argue with Him? LOL

I like how the Kendrick brothers describe humility... "Humility is a fundamental attitude of the heart for maintaining intimacy with God and a vibrant prayer life. By repenting of our sins and humbling ourselves daily before God, we will please the Lord and pray much more frequently and much more powerfully."

I don't know about you, but I want to be more intimate with God and for my prayers to be more powerful.

There are a ton of Scriptures about pride and humility. I highly recommend you taking the time to search for them and put them in your heart. Especially during this busy holiday season. Don't let your pride keep you from praying. You will regret it if you do.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment