Friday, November 13, 2015

Wisdom For Today

I am still reading Proverbs every month. I think this is my 3rd month. The first month, I read the NIV version. The second month, it was an NLT version. Then, when I was at Catalyst, I got a free Message Bible. I have never owned one of them, so I decided this month to read Proverbs from it.

When I asked God this morning, what He wanted me to write about, all of these Proverbs Scriptures kept coming to mind and my cards where I've written some down were right there.


So that's my plan for today.

Proverbs was written by King Solomon. He is hailed as one of the wisest men to ever live. His dad is King David, who wrote most of the Psalms. One night, God appeared to Solomon.. it's written about in 2 Chronicles verses 7-12 capture the conversation. I would post it, but I would rather give you some of the wisdom from Proverbs.

NIV Scriptures:

Proverbs 11:14 "For lack of guidance a nation falls, but victory is won through many advisers."

Proverbs 18:24 "One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

NLT Scriptures:

Proverbs 3: 5&6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take."

Proverbs 4:23 "Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life."

Proverbs 11:25 "The generous will prosper, those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed."

MSG Scriptures:

Proverbs 10:17 "The road to life is a disciplined life; ignore correction and you're lost for good."

Proverbs 13:13 "Ignore the Word and suffer; honor God's commands and grow rich."

Proverbs 11:28 "A life devoted to things is a dead life, a stump; a God-shaped life is a flourishing tree."

Proverbs 12: 25 "Worry weighs us down a cheerful word picks us up."

These are just a FEW of the wise words we can put in our hearts to live by. I challenge you to start reading through Proverbs monthly too. I have learned so much. I bet you would too.

God bless you today and always.




No comments:

Post a Comment