Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Why I Believe The Bible Is True

There are many conspiracy theories in the world. One of them has to do with the Bible. People won't read it because they say it was written by men, that it's not real, and those things never happened.

The first thing that opened my eyes to the truth is when I first started homeschooling my children. I heard about a book called "Mystery of History". This woman took the time to compile "regular" history (for the lack of a better term) and put it in order with "Bible history". (It's all just history.)

The biggest example that comes to my mind is about the King that Esther was married to. He hated Persia so much that he built a bridge out of boats to get there and go to war. That's not written in the Bible, but it's an actual history event, and it was her husband. So, this helps prove the story of Esther.

Yesterday, someone posted a link on Facebook that got my attention. I want to share the link with you and copy some of what the writer says.

Why I Know The Gospels Were Written Early

Here is one thing from the link above:
Paul Quoted Luke’s Gospel in His Letter to Timothy
Paul appeared to be aware of Luke’s gospel and wrote as though it was common knowledge in about AD 63–64, when Paul penned his first letter to Timothy. Note the following passage:
The elders who rule well are to be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard at preaching and teaching. For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle the ox while he is threshing,” and “The laborer is worthy of his wages.” (1 Tim. 5:17–18)
Paul quoted two passages as “scripture” here—one in the Old Testament and one in the New Testament. “You shall not muzzle the ox while he is threshing” refers to Deuteronomy 25:4, and “The laborer is worthy of his wages” refers to Luke 10:7. It’s clear that Luke’s gospel was already common knowledge and accepted as scripture by the time this letter was written.
Here is a timeline picture from the blog post as well:

Now, here is my favorite part. If you have read my blog a while, or know me personally, you know how I feel about lying. I hate it. I don't lie and I don't like to be lied to.
This part about the Gospels really opened my eyes. These accounts are eye witnesses. These men walked with Jesus, or met Him, like Paul did on the road. They recorded what they saw and how it changed them.
"If the Gospels were written this early, in the very region where the events took place, it would have been difficult for them to include obvious lies, given that they would have been written to people who were alive during the events recorded in the New Testament. These people would have been available to vet the content of the Gospels and call them out as lies if they contained fallacious information. "
That right there is awesome to me! I agree. If the Gospel writers were lying, they would have been called out and other historical documents would have been written talking about the lies.
It's the truth!
The truth is, Jesus came to this earth, to die on the cross for our sins. He loves us so much and everything He did while on this earth was for us to see His example and live by it. 
I love stuff like this! I love how God reveals Himself and His truth in unique ways.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment