Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Today in the USA is the date was set aside to be thankful for the blessings of the harvest that year. I believe George Washington decreed this day.

Well, it just so happens that my word of the year has been Thankful! So I've been more aware of my blessings this entire year. 

God is amazing. He has done so many great things in my life. First of all, I am thankful for my salvation and my relationship with Him. I know I will go to Heaven one day, but it is more than that. I have a Heavenly Father who walks with me daily and loves me unconditionally. I couldn't ask for a better life! It's not perfect, but who's is? 

1 Chronicles 16:8 says "Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim His greatness. Let the whole earth know what He has done." That's why I am writing this long blog post today!

Second, I have my parents both still living and still married to each other. Next month is their 44th wedding anniversary. They have defied the odds in today's divorce culture. I mean, I am divorced, so I didn't even make it. Ya know? I am the only child my parents ever had. Thankfully, I was not spoiled, but I was loved and taken care of.
Us on the left. My dad is holding my hand. 

Then, I had my own kids. They are awesome. Some days I want to hide in my room. Being a mom is not an easy job. However, I am honored that God blessed me with these three. They make me laugh, make me cry, and make me proud. I know they will do great things one day!

Blake, Andrew, Julie and me
What is it now Kelly? 35 years?
Because I am an only child, my friendships have always been special to me. I hold friends near and dear to my heart. I even hold on to people! LOL My friend Kelly and I have been friends since the 3rd grade! We grew up together, literally. 















Life has thrown us both some curve balls, but we are always there for each other. 

Melissa and I have known each other since 5th grade! It's fun to have someone that long. 

Melissa and Me
I believe that God puts the right people in your life for His reasons. Have you heard that saying "For a reason, for a season or for a lifetime?" Melissa and Kelly have been the lifetime ones for me. I think my newest closest friends will be around for the rest of my life too.

God has also blessed me with best friends. I fully am honored and floored sometimes when I look at the quality of people in my life. It's not about quantity. I don't need a lot of folks. That's not my thing. I want meaningful relationships. People that pray for me, point me to God, pick on me and just have fun. I have those people and I am so thankful for them. 
Michelle and I with our matching "tattoos".

Michelle was very instrumental in helping me grow Spiritually. She prayed for me to get a hunger for God's Word, and I got it. Because of her, I have a daily quiet time with God. She also has a great way of making me laugh. And I love to hear HER laugh! She's an amazing woman that has been through rough times, but stays focused on God and pushes through.
Me & Susan on her birthday in Sept.

Susan is the sister I never had. We talk every day. We pray for each other every day also. She is a great cook and I am so thankful for how she is honest with me and helps me see things differently. Susan is a learner and very smart. She is awesome.

Barbara & Reggie
Barbara and Reggie are my Zumba crew. But they are more than that. They are best friends who help me in the area of my life that I struggle with the most. My weight. They love me, and want me to be the best I can. They encourage, push, pray, and hug me when I need it. Reggie has this bone crushing hug he gives sometimes...but it's awesome. Barbara always speaks the truth in love to me. And Lord knows they do not let me put myself down or feel bad about myself. They are really great friends to me. 
Me & Stephen

God surprised me with a friendship with Stephen. I have known him for years, but the past several months we've been hanging out and doing things together. Stephen is the type friend that ALWAYS points me back to God. He will quote me Scripture in a second. He prays for me when I ask him to and when I don't ask him to. He is an amazing cook, a great leader, and someone I look up to. God's got great plans for him and I'm just excited to be on the sidelines watching and cheering him on. I was able to attend my first ever college football game with him on Halloween. We also went to see Toby Mac in concert. I love experiencing new things! I am thankful for Stephen and all he does for me.

I hope you can look over your life and see the treasures in it. And I hope you realize that those treasures aren't THINGS... they are PEOPLE. 

If you've stayed with me this long, please read this: God has a plan for your life. It's a plan to prosper you, not harm you. It's a plan to give you a hope and a future. That is something to be thankful for!

Life will never be perfect this side of heaven. I don't even pretend like everything is perfect for me. I know this though, God is doing wonderful things. I am so blessed and so very very THANKFUL!

What are you thankful for today? Let me know! I'd love to hear from you!

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment