Friday, October 2, 2015

What's your "Go to" thing?

It seems to me like we all have something we "go to" for a quick pick me up, help, encouragement, or rest.

Some people are coffee drinkers, or like my children's Pastor, a Rock Star energy drink person. Others turn to friends for help and encouragement.... honestly, I don't think most of us rest enough, but when we do, it's in our own strength, isn't it?

I am an encourager by nature. I can't help it. I have been accused once before of being a "butt kisser" or whatever..that's simply not true. I like to lift others up. If I tell you something positive or nice about yourself, I mean it. I am not trying to flatter you.

Not everyone is like that. And that's ok. I best friends not only encourage me, but also tell me the truth when I need to hear it. Even if I don't like the truth. LOL 

Life is hard. Things happen that we don't understand. Many things happen that we have no control over. 

Let me tell you this... God is ALWAYS here for us. I have been growing and learning. He's stretching me and my relationship with Him. God is now my "Go to" for everything.

Yes, I still drink a cup of coffee in the morning. Yes, I still ask my friends and family for help. I don't rest enough... so that's something I need to work on.

But guys, GOD is your GO TO person. He is always there, always waiting, and always loving. He wants us to come to Him, and abide in Him.

Matthew 11: 28-30 says, "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and my burden light."

That was Jesus telling the people and us that. We tend worry, stress out, and get frustrated over things. Going to God doesn't mean that life will be perfect. It just means we have Him when we need help. And having friends who live for God means you've got back up on the rough days.

I was a little frustrated at work yesterday and a good friend reminded me of the Serenity Prayer. Do you know it?

Remembering that you can change somethings, you can't change others, and having wisdom to know the difference will get you far in life.

God is with us. He is for us. And He loves us so very much. Will you let him be your "Go to" thing? I know it will be an adjustment, but it's worth it. God to Him with any and every need. Ask Him for healing, help with money, a job, guidance, direction, inspiration, encouragement, and help... then watch what He does.

Let me know how God has worked and moved in your life. I love hearing stories of what He's doing.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment