Thursday, October 1, 2015

Do Not Worry!

Yesterday, when I got home from work, the clouds and sky looked so beautiful right above my house. Then I noticed a bird floating on the breeze. I captured this:

You can see the bird just about the word "the" on here. 

This morning, I was reminded of the Scripture in Matthew... "Look at the birds of the sky: They don't sow or reap or gather into barns,  yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you worth more than they?"

This was verse 26 and it was Jesus talking to the people about not worrying. 

We tend to do that, don't we? Worry.

Last night at church, Mrs. Laurel had prepared for us to pray over my friend Susan (My friend who's husband just passed away) and her children. She thought of a lot of things, like them going back to school and work. Susan is a music teacher. So her work is school and involves a lot of children. 

Right now, it would be easy for Susan to be overcome by worry and fear of the future. How will she make it without her husband? Will she be able to pay for everything alone? Etc, etc.

If she sat and let her mind wonder, I'm sure she'd be in full panic mode.

I don't think Susan will do that. She's got a strong faith. She knows that God has her. 

You see, much like what Jesus said in that Scripture, it's mentioned somewhere else in the Bible, we reap what we sow.

Susan has sown into SO many people's lives through her serving in the community and through her job. BUT... the reason she doesn't have to worry is because she has a Heavenly Father who loves her unconditionally and HE is providing for her.

God will take care of Susan and her three children. Some of it will be super natural, some of it will be through Him using people. I guarantee you that they will be very well taken care of.

Do you let worry get you off track? It's easy to do.

Go back and read Matthew 6: 25-34.. that section in the Bible is titled "Do Not Worry". I found a Scripture that I wrote into a prayer from Proverbs the other day, it's Chapter 30: verses 7-9 says this:

"O God, I beg two favors from you; let me have them before I die. 8. First, help me never tell a lie. Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. 9 For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say "Who is this Lord?" And if I'm too poor, I may steal and thus insult God's holy name." NLT

God loves you. He sees your needs, and He will provide for you. 

If you need prayer for worrying or for provision, please ask. I would love to pray for you.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment