Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Do you KNOW how much you are loved?

 Nothing in my readings this morning particularly jumped out at me.
I write what I feel inspired to write.

This morning, I prayed, "Father, what do you want me to write about on my blog?"

I felt like He said, "Remind them of how much I love them."

I thought, "Ok, I can do that!" 

So here is my attempt to remind you of His love.

His love is extravagant. It all started back when He created the world. He made the earth, and saw that it was good, but He wanted someone to care for it. So He created Adam. Then He really didn't want Adam to be alone, so He created Eve.

He walked in the garden and talked with them daily. Can you imagine?

What a paradise and how awesome that must have been!

The thing is, He didn't create robots. He gave us free will. That gives us a choice. Adam and Eve chose to break that bond with God and believe a lie.

That lie is still hurting people today.

God does love you. He says you are His masterpiece created for good things.

He loves us so much that in order to pay for that sin Adam and Eve did, He sent a one time sacrifice. Jesus paid our debt on the cross...and came to show us how God really is.

Jesus loved. EVERYBODY. 

He hung out with the worst of the worst in His day and time. The pagans, the tax collectors, and the prostitutes. GASP!

It's because He loves.

Nothing you can do or have done will make God love you any less.

You are His child. He loves you unconditionally.

He is always there, listening to your prayers, hugging you, rejoicing in the good times with you and crying in the sad times.

You know what else?

Jesus prays for you.

Yep. Every day. Jesus is in heaven praying for you!

That's love.

Unconditional. Undeniable. Unexplainable.

But oh SO real! He will never leave you or forsake you.

I love this new song that's out. I want to share the video with you. My favorite lyric part is the chorus... "You're a good, good Father, it's who you are, it's who you are.. and I'm loved by you, it's who I am, it's who I am."
Please take a few minutes and listen: Good, Good Father


No comments:

Post a Comment