Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Fear, The Dark, and Storms

I live in South GA. It gets pretty hot here. This time of year, we are prone to get afternoon thunderstorms that pop up because it's been so hot. It's just something you get used to after a while. However, I'm not a fan of thunder storms. I don't mind the rain, but you can keep the thunder and lightening! 

My problem is, I'm afraid of the storms. I don't like the lightening striking so close to my house. I can barely keep up with the repairs and things I have around here now, the last thing I need is for it to be struck by lightening! We have storms in our lives too. Sometimes, we just pray for God to make it stop. We want the storm gone. What we could do instead is ask "Ok, God, what do I need to learn from this and how can I help someone else through it?" Have you ever thought of it that way?
This storm was blowing in yesterday.


Last night on the way home after the Prayer Conference at my work, something strange happened.

I turned off the radio while I was still in the parking lot, determined to talk to God and listen. I am a talker. My friends will tell you that. I am not a very good listener. I try, but I always want to fix stuff for the people I love, so I give my opinion too much. I am working on that. I need to listen more and talk less.

Anyway, as I was driving home, on a divided highway, I see something flying right around the median area.... it happened for miles. It was almost totally dark, but the sky had a enough blue left that the black color of what I saw showed up. It was bats.

I have seen the occasional bat here in my yard in the evening on a summer night. But not this many. I prayed, "Lord, what is this? Are you showing me something? What do I do with seeing this?"

After a little while, I felt like He wanted me to tell you about the dark. We don't have to be afraid of the dark times in life. God created some animals that have the ability to see at night. Like bats. They sleep during the day then wake up at night. They have excellent vision in the dark.

Jesus told us that in this life we WILL have trouble. But to not worry, because He is with us and He has overcome the world. He is the way, the truth, and the light. 

When you are in the dark and can't see, talk to someone who can see in the dark. Trying to navigate through the dark alone is not smart! And of course, by all means, turn to God. He is the Light and He will help you through the dark or stormy times.

God loves us unconditionally. He doesn't cause bad things to happen to us. He turns the bad around for our good.

I know one truth for me that I ALWAYS cling to, I know in my heart that He will never leave me and never stop loving me like some humans have. That brings me comfort and peace.

No matter what you are facing today, God is with you. He will go before you and make your paths straight. He has a plan for your life, a plan to prosper you, not harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future. Hold fast to those promises. He always keeps His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment