Friday, August 14, 2015

What Do You Do When Life Happens?

I have had an interesting week. 

There have been some things that hurt my feelings, other things that made me angry, and yet other things that have me worried.

Some of it I caused myself, others were done to me.

It's a part of life.

I have said this before, but I'm saying it again. Being a Christian does not mean your life is perfect. My old boss/ Pastor used to say, "Being a Christian or working at church just means the target on your back got bigger." 

I will always remember that.

Here is the thing... we have a enemy. He does not want us to live for God. If he can keep you from praying, keep you from church attendance, and keep you from loving others, he will.

If you are a Christian, he can't get your soul..that's why he keeps you from the other things.

I get down sometimes. I allow circumstances and situations to hurt my feelings.

I wear my feelings on my sleeve, unfortunately. I also treat people the way I want to be treated. So when I am mistreated by someone, it really hurts. I know in my heart that I would never do that to them. In my mind, I know that everyone is not like me...and yet, sometimes, I still get caught off guard.

When the weight of the world is on me, I cry. I get in my bed and just lay there. I am not superwoman. I can't just take things and take things with a big smile on my face.

I also pray. I tell God how I feel and let Him know that I'm fighting to stay out of a pit. I don't want to be down. I am a happy go lucky person. I always see the good side of situations. I am an encourager by nature. I lift others up, or, I try to anyway. 

Sometimes, I need someone to lift me up. A kind word, a hug, a smile, those things go far with me. 

How do you handle the negative things in life? 

Even though it takes a little time, when I give it to God, I feel better. When I stop dwelling on the negative or bad, I feel better. When I remember that God has a plan for my life, and it's not a plan to harm me, but to give me hope and a future, I feel better.

What makes you feel better?

If you are facing something right now and would like prayer, that's something else I enjoy doing. Praying for others is so important. Please let me know. I'd love to pray for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment