Monday, August 17, 2015

Do you wish your life was different?

I think if we are all honest, we will admit that at one point in our lives, we wished something would have turned out differently.

Some people like to use that as an excuse to not live for God and blame Him for how things turned out.

That's really sad to me.

Yes, God has a plan for your life. And Jeremiah 29:11 tells us, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 

Here is the tricky part... people blame God when they shouldn't.

Do I believe in my heart that God wanted me to be divorced and my kids to be raised in a broken home? 

NOPE!

I don't think God likes divorce at all, but it continues to happen, even in the lives of Christians.

What I think is that we go off God's plan and do our own thing. ALL THE TIME!

I know, I personally have made my share of mistakes. 

For example, I did not stay in church as a teenager. I never had a youth group. I never went to church camp. None of that.

I regret it now.

However, living in and with regret isn't a great thing to do.

If I sat around wishing my life was different, I would be wasting so much time!

Yes, I admit, I think on it sometimes. But it does not run my life.

If you live in the past, you are only hurting yourself. If you wish your life away, you are missing out on the now. 

God wants to love you and help you through the rough spots. 


Look towards the future with HOPE and expectation! God has something amazing for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment