Thursday, August 20, 2015

Do you need healing?

My Jesus Calling devotional today had a great reminder for me.

"I AM a God who heals. I heal broken bodies, broken minds, broken hearts, broken lives and broken relationships. My very Presence has immense healing powers. You cannot live close to Me without experiencing some degree of healing. However, it is true that "you have not because you ask not." You receive healing that flows naturally from My Presence, whether you seek it or not. But there is more - much more - available to those who ask."

It goes on to say that the first step to healing is to live close to God.

Do you need healing of some sort?

In my prayer time this morning, I prayed for many of my family and friends. I know people who need physical healing in their bodies, emotional healing in their souls, and healing of relationships. 

One thing that really hit me in that paragraph above is, "you have not because you ask not."

God knows everything, right?

So, He knows what I would like healing for, or the desires of my heart. However, I realized this morning, I don't really ask for stuff for myself.

I am not a selfish person by nature. (Thankfully!) However, a lot of times, I pray for everyone else and forget to pray for myself.

Can you relate?

If I am praying for healing for my friends and family, I can ask for healing for myself too. There isn't anything wrong with that.

I really like how the devotional says that spending time with God is one of the ways to be healed. 

Do you have a daily quiet time with Him? I hope you do. If you don't, start off small and create a habit. They say if you do anything for 21 days in a row, you get used to doing it.

One thing that helps me are prayer cards. I have people's names and some of the things I am praying for them written next to their names. This helps me stay focused and intentional in my prayers. Also, I write my prayers in a journal. That also helps me stay focused. If I was just praying in my heart, I get distracted and start thinking about other things.

If being in God's presence through prayer and Bible study brings healing, then we don't we do it more often?

If you need help establishing a time alone with Him, I will be glad to help in any way I can. I know years ago, when all of my children were little, I used to feel so guilty because I didn't have a set quiet time alone with God. He doesn't want us to feel guilty, but He wants us to make room for Him in our daily lives. If you need prayer, ask. I will be glad to add you to my prayer card!

No comments:

Post a Comment