Monday, July 20, 2015

There is NOTHING wrong with being different!

During this new adventure of trying to date, I have noticed that some men just stop talking to me. When I asked a male friend why he thought that happened, his response was "You have a bit of a different life.. you seem to have built a busy life for yourself between friends, internet friends, church, workout, now a book and website. Once a guy hears what's going on, he may not think there is any room."

This bothered me. He said I was "different". You know what, he's right!

I am VERY different!

Yesterday at church we had a guest speaker. He was awesome! His name is Michael Rowan. If you ever want to You Tube him, go for it. You won't be disappointed.

He told us that with how bad things are in the world, we need to find our purpose and use it for God. People need to know the Lord. People need to be saved and have a relationship with Him. 

God has given you talents, abilities, and skills. You are unique. I am unique. 

Yes, I have a busy life. Yes, I do have things going on. And that's ok. I am doing what God has called me to do.

I want to encourage you to do the same. NO MATTER WHAT!

Here is the second paragraph from my Jesus Calling Devotional today.. it was written for me and others who are dealing with this:

"Do not be afraid to be different from other people. The path I have called you to travel is exquisitely right for you. The more closely you follow My leading, the more fully I can develop your gifts. To follow Me wholeheartedly, you must relinquish your desire to please other people. However, your closeness to Me will bless others by enabling you to shine brightly in this dark world."

I LOVE how God speaks to me like this right when I need it!

Even if someone tells you that you are too busy. Or that you can't pull something off. Even if they say you weren't meant to do that. Or you aren't qualified to do this.

If you know in your heart that God has called you to it, DO NOT STOP.


He needs you doing what you are doing.

If you don't know your talents, gifts and abilities. Think about this. What are you passionate about? Or, like Michael said, "What makes you feel whole?" If you have never taken a spiritual gifts test to see what your gifts are; click here: Spiritual Gifts Test

Whatever you are gifted in, THAT's the thing God needs you to do.

In Libby's talk at Launch Out, she asked, "What can you not, not do." I told her. I can not not write. 

So I ask you the same.. what can you not not do? Keep doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment