Thursday, July 9, 2015

How To Support a Dreamer

I was pleasantly surprised when Jason Unger got up to speak at Launch Out and the first thing he said was, "Hi, my name is Jason Unger and I married an entrepreneur."

Jason's Message from Launch Out

He said he remembers coming home from work one night and his wife Abby had baked a ton of cupcakes and the kitchen was covered in them.

He wasn't sure what was going on.

He did not really care for the cupcake idea, and feels like it flopped because he was not supportive.

When I first started this blog, I was still married. He read it a little.. but wasn't very supportive. Looking back, he left just two months after I started my blog, so I guess he wasn't worried about what I was doing. It hurt that he wasn't really supporting me, but it's fine because God has supported me through it all! 

Jason said he figured out that Abby needs him to listen, and he needs to learn what she's got going on.

He said, "You don't have to be IN their business, you can listen. Support them. Everyone needs a support system. Tell them you believe in them."

Jason also listens to the podcasts Abby listens too and they read books together. He wants to be a part of what she's doing.

Maybe you aren't married, but have a family member or friend who is a dreamer or entrepreneur. Support them by listening and learning about what they are doing. 

You might think it will never work. If so, PLEASE don't ever tell them that.

We all have dreams, hopes, and abilities. Some people have let their dreams go, so they are bitter. That causes them to lash out at people who are following their dreams.

It's never too late to follow your dreams! 

Also, it's never too late to support someone you care about!

Nothing squashes a dreamer faster than negative talk. 

Lift someone in your life up today. Tell that dreamer that you support them and will do whatever you can to help. That might just change their life!

Abby has a flight attendant group that she works with. 
Here is her Facebook page: Flight Attendant Career Connection

Abby & Jason Unger

No comments:

Post a Comment