Sunday, May 31, 2015

Your Thought Life is Stealing Your Peace!

God can see our hearts and minds.

Honestly, sometimes, that scares me...because I know that I am not perfect and my heart and thoughts can get away with me.

However, because He can see that, He knows the real us.

Humans might see us do something, but they do not know the intention behind it, therefore, they judge the act. God knows the intention and the heart behind what we did. 

God's love is based on who we REALLY are. He has a peace that passes all understanding, that is available to us, however, sometimes we are keeping that peace at bay because of our minds.

Here is my devotional today from Jesus Calling:

"The peace that I give you transcends your intellect. When most of your mental energy goes into efforts to figure things out, you are unable to receive this glorious gift. I look into your mind and see thoughts spinning round and round: going nowhere, accomplishing nothing. All the while, My peace hovers over you, searching for a place to land. 

Be still in My Presence, inviting Me to control your thoughts. Let My light soak into your mind and heart until you are aglow with My very being. This is the most effective way to receive My peace."

Do you struggle with your thoughts?

Are they keeping God's peace from resting on you?

Here are a few Scriptures on peace:

Psalm 34:14,"Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it."

Isaiah 26:3, "You will keep in perfect peace him who's mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."

Jesus said in John 16:33, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world!"

Romans 15:13, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Take a few minutes each morning to focus on Him. Pray and ask Him to give you the strength you need to get out of your head and let Him handle things.

He loves you so much and He wants to give you peace.

1 comment: