Saturday, April 18, 2015

Who Are You Believing In?

Last night, I watched a very interesting movie. I'm a sucker for true stories. PLUS, I am making myself rest this weekend, and watching movies is how I do that. Sure, at this very moment, my house needs to be picked up, but I was about to burn out and I need to take some time off to rest. 

The movie was "The Imitation Game". Benedict Cumberbatch plays the main character. My children and I are fans of his acting work.

This movie was about Professor Alan Turing. He basically for all intent purposes created the very first computer in the 1940's in England during World War 2. 

He was an odd child who turned into an odd adult, but as a child he made a friend who said this to him:

"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of, who do the things that no one can imagine."


Read that again, slower this time.

God made everyone and gifted us with skills and talents. Professor Turing was a math genius. I did not get that gift! LOL

Those talents and skills can be used to help others.

But sometimes, people give up because no one believes in them. 

Encourage someone today. Tell them that what they are doing matters. Help them in any way possible to continue following their dreams or taking the first step towards their dreams.

YOU can make a difference in someone else's life. Will you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment