Wednesday, April 22, 2015

When Your Plans Don't Work Out...

Have you ever woken up and thought, "My life has not turned out like I thought it would?"

I know I have.

However, that statement does not have to be negative.

I have a close friends, my Zumba instructors, that I have mentioned several times who would probably say that their lives did not turn out like they thought it would on the positive. They found love and are chasing their dreams of owning a Zumba studio.

I will probably continue to have this thought as time goes on because of certain events in my life. I was married a very long time and never thought I would be divorced, so some things that happen are not happening like I imagined they would.

For example, when my oldest son got a car last year. His dad bought it. They shopped for it and I was not a part of the process. I imagined that whole event would be different, and it would have been if we were still married to each other.


I have adjusted to a new normal.

Can I tell you how I have managed to get through it?

God.

He is the one steady, constant, unchanging thing in my life. He has provided for me on every level since this all started.

I have struggled some. Maybe not in ways some people have, but in my own ways. I've had to learn and grow through it all. 

When life hits you in the gut and something takes a turn for the worse...where do you?

In Matthew 7, Jesus told a parable about the man who built his house on the sand, and the man who built his house on the rock. The rock is firm and things can't crumble underneath it. That's why Jesus used that as an example.

God is our foundation, our Rock, our salvation. When we build on it, we know things won't crumble.

YES.. they can CHANGE. But not crumble.

My life has changed so much. I have changed so much. For the better. You can't keep a good woman down. LOL

When your plans don't work out like you thought they would.. just hang tight to God and wait. He's got a great plan for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment