Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Free Your Mind!



Do you remember a song from the 90's where the first line was  "Free your mind, and the rest will follow"? It thought about it as I started writing. LOL

My Jesus Calling devotional today was telling me to let God control my mind.

That is no easy task!

I have admitted to having negative thoughts about myself for years. That is a hard habit to break. (Ha, another song reference. Sorry.) 

BUT it is doable! I am in the best place mentally that I have ever been in. It's sad that it's taken me 41 years to get here...anyway....

There is a Scripture that says we need to renew our minds: Romans 12: 2 says,
"Do not be conformed any longer to the pattern of his world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -His good, pleasing, and perfect will."

God knew that when He made our brain it was complex and He was going to give us free will. He did not create robots and He gave us more than the animals on purpose.

John 8:36 says, "So if the Son has set you free, you are free indeed." He came to free us from many things..one of which is our thought life.

See, the world tells us that us must keep up with the Jones'. The world tells us that if we aren't a size 0 we don't have a perfect body. The world tells us that we need more and more in order to be happy. The world tells us to treat people like dirt and get what you want out of them.

God is nothing like the world. (Can I get an amen and thanks be to Him for that?)

God loves unconditionally. God has a plan and purpose for each life He created. 

Even as Christians, we get caught up in the world. It's easy to do. But God told us to be in the world, just not OF it. (John 15:19)

How can we be IN the world, but not part OF the world?

By doing what Jesus told us to do!

1. Love God with all of your heart, mind, soul and strength.

2. Love people. Love your neighbor as yourself. Treat people the way you want to be treated. 

I realize, even Christians mess up. I know I do. But dang.. we need to at least TRY to love God and treat people right. It upsets me to see a professed church going Christian treating people wrong.

Free your mind and let God control it. Listen to what He has to say about you. Because the lies you are hearing and believing are not from Him. He loves you with a steadfast love. Nothing you can do will make Him love you any less, just like nothing you can do will make Him love you anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment