Sunday, April 26, 2015

God DOES Still Answer Prayer!

I love how God works.

Sometimes, He answers prayers in the most unusual ways. I had it happen this week.

I was praying for something to actually be removed from my heart. (I know, that sounds odd, but I would rather not go into too much detail.)

Anyway... God uses people sometimes to answer prayers. I know several times where I felt led to do something, without any real knowledge that something was going on and it turned out to be a blessing for someone else.

One big thing in my life was when I felt led to Homeschool my children. That is something I never wanted to do. My sister in law did it. She's great! She used to be a teacher. She has the skills needed and is so organized! I am not like her at all, so I just knew I wouldn't be good at it and was shocked when I felt led to.

Years later, my oldest son admitted to being bullied. Terribly bullied. He was miserable, but never told us. My prayers over him were answered through this prompting by God to homeschool.

Jeremiah 29:13 says, "You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all of your heart." 


God wants us to pray and seek Him.

He is not a vending machine though. We can't just pray for what we want and expect Him to bless us with everything. But when we seek, ask, and pray, He will work things for our good. He might not give us exactly what we asked for. And that's ok. Because remember, Jeremiah 29:11, just two verses back tells us that He has a plan for our lives. 

Jesus said  in Matthew 7:7,  "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

In James 4:3, Jesus' brother writes, "When you ask, you do not receive because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures." NIV

My friend's baby, Tori, that I have written about before.. she's starting to sleep longer. I pray for little Tori's earthly healing EVERY day! I wonder if her sleeping is how God is healing her body. 

Whatever you are going through... God hears your prayers. He might answer, "No", "Not now" or "Yes". We have to trust Him with these answers. He knows what's best for us.

Don't give up! Keep praying until you get an answer! You will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment