Monday, March 2, 2015

Intimidated Faith

I am not sure if I have even written this... but here goes...

One of the reasons my ex husband gave for leaving was that I am "too Godly".

I struggled with that a little while.

Here I was, doing what I thought to be right, and I get accused of doing it TOO much?

What in the world?

Since I am now back in the dating world, it seems as if my faith has caused some men to feel intimidated by it.

Why?

I have no idea.

Maybe they see something in me that they wish they had? And if that's so, why would it intimidate them? Why wouldn't they be drawn to it instead? 

I never want to push anyone away because of how I love God. Male or female. If anything, I hope to draw them closer to God. I live my life like I feel like I'm supposed to. I live an authentic life. I treat people the way I want to be treated, I love, pray, help, encourage... it's just who I am. 

I'm in a Christian singles group on Facebook, and one of the men asked why some of us were limiting our "dating pool" by only wanting to date Christians.

I told him that I love God so much and everything I do revolves around Him. He oozes out of me. I can't help it. I could not date a non Christian. Heck, if Christian men are intimidated by my faith, how on earth could I possibly date a non Christian? 

I live my life for Him... because He gave me life. These past two years since my ex husband left have been full of trails, pain, heartache, joy, love, and blessings. I have grown and changed so much. There is no way on earth that I could NOT live for God. I want a man who does too. I want a man who isn't intimidated by my faith. Someone to walk with me and share in experiences. Someone that when something awesome happens, I can share it with him and he will understand. 

I am not a "holier than thou" kind of person. The Lord and some of my best and closest friends can give you a laundry list of mistakes I've made since my divorce. I'm not perfect.  I am not trying to make anyone feel bad on purpose. That's just not me. It's not in my blood. I want to love, help, and lift up others.

If I have ever intimidated you with my faith, I'm sorry. It was not on purpose.

But I will not apologize for my faith. I will continue to walk this way and love God because He has done way too much for me not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment