Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Are You A Worry Wart?


My Granny was a worry wart. If she heard an ambulance went anywhere near your house, she would call to check on you. When we had a thunder storm, she unplugged everything, turned off all the lights, and sat in the dark. I never understood that. I guess she was protecting things by unplugging them. But sitting in the dark during a thunder storm scared me even more! LOL

My mom saw how her mom was and didn't worry as much. As a teenager, if I was going to be late, I would usually call. From a friends house or a pay phone. (You know, I'm so old, cell phones weren't invented yet.) She did not worry about me unless I forgot to call. I tend to be like her.
 I don't really worry until I have something to worry about.

In Matthew 6: 25-34 Jesus told us not to worry. He said not to worry about what we would eat, drink or wear. He also warned us not to worry about tomorrow because tomorrow has enough trouble of it's own.

Worry means you aren't trusting God.

Ouch. I know that hurt.

But let me say it again.

Worry means you aren't trusting God.

I just read an awesome way to fight off worry.

"The best defense is continual communication with Me, richly seasoned with thanksgiving. Awareness of My presence fills your mind with light and peace, leaving no room for fear." ~ Jesus Calling

Isn't FEAR what worry really is?

We fear things we don't know. Like the future.

Stop it.

God knows your future and He has you in the palm of His hand.


1 comment:

  1. Good post. Sometimes Mt 6:25 is completely misused. I was talking to someone-"I haven't paid Feb. mortgage, yet." (Its March). My parents give us money to help out every month-but we used it on the kitchen. But, I'm not worried. God will provide."

    ReplyDelete