Saturday, February 21, 2015

It's All In Who You Know!

Have you ever heard that phrase before? I know I have. Especially when job searching.

For Lent, I joined a group of people reading through the 40 Days of Prayer Challenge. It's from "Draw a Circle" and the Circle Maker book by Mark Batterson. 

Here is a page from the book:


"Don't worry about meeting the right people. If you meet with God, God will make sure you meet the right people at the right time. After all, there is nobody He doesn't know. It's one degree of separation!" ~ Mark Batterson

I have struggled with this.

Wanting to meet that special someone and looking for him.

I'm not doing that anymore. God has this.

This could be true about anything in your life. Maybe you are job searching and think that who you know will help. Maybe you are looking for a church home. The point is, if you know God, He will bring people into your life that He wants there. 

My Jesus Calling devotional said this today, "Keeping your eyes on Me is the same thing as trusting Me. It is a free choice that you must make thousands of times daily. The more you choose to trust Me, the easier it becomes. Thought patterns of trust become etched into your brain."

Let me say this... God is so good to me. He uses stuff like this to talk to me a lot. I am so thankful that He does. Then, I like to share it with you guys in hopes that you can relate or will remember it if you begin going through something. 

Taking time focusing our thoughts on God and trusting Him will benefit us every day.
By knowing Him, we have everything we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment