Saturday, January 24, 2015

Expect Great & Wonderful Things!!!


Have you ever heard that saying, "Life is what you make it?"

In a way that's true.

If you spend your days worrying and complaining about all of the wrong in your life or in the world, then you aren't looking for the great and wonderful things.

This reminds me of the whole glass half full/ empty concept too.

I am a positive person. I choose to find the good in people and situations...because focusing on the bad is not helpful.

Paul wrote to the church in Philipi and told them in 4:8, this, "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirableif anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

This is exactly what we must do.

I know the world is horrible. I know bad things happen to good people every day. 

The truth is, we live in a fallen sinful world.

Focusing on the bad will make you miserable.

AND... remember this...Jesus said in John 16:33, 
"33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Also, in Psalm 37:4 we read, 
"Take delight in the Lordand he will give you the desires of your heart."

I don't think this is a magic formula and that God will just give you a million dollars and all of the chocolate in the world..but I do think He knows your heart and desires and wants to bless you. If you are concentrating on the bad all the time, how can He do that?

Change your mind set. Start expecting great and wonderful things for your life!





1 comment: