Sunday, December 21, 2014

Psalm 91

Psalm 91 is a very protective Scripture. Verse 4 says,

 "He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."

I looked up rampart, it means "anything serving as defense".

God is our defender! God will right the wrongs, touch lives for Himself, bring people back to Him and bind up the broken hearted.

When my daughter was younger, she used to wake up screaming during the night from nightmares. One of my cousins suggested reading Psalm 91 out loud. It worked! I got to the point that I could quote it, and I think I did that for about a year.

I have a book written about this Scripture. The woman who wrote it talks about how it was read out loud over men who were fighting in World War 2. It was their way of keeping their loved one safe.

The really cool thing about Scripture is that it does have power, and sometimes, you can read one passage and it feel like it means one thing...then when you read it a different time, it feels like it means something different.

Has that ever happened to you?

I will be honest, I do not read the Bible every day.

But this is my favorite Bible:
A gift from my friend Michelle.
I need to commit to reading this Bible more in the new year. Anyone want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment