Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Kindness + Goodness = Magic

I saw the new Cinderella movie trailer the other day. 
At the end, this a quote from the fairy godmother:
Thanks to my friend Brian for making this for me.

I wrote it down because I really liked it.
Then, today, it happened to me!
I was basically joking around and posted this picture to my Facebook page:
 My birthday is coming up. It's two weeks before Christmas. I jokingly said someone could buy me this hoodie. It's my favorite college team Auburn, and my favorite NFL team, 
Denver Broncos. 
Guess what happened?
Someone bought it for me!
I was floored! She said I had prayed for her and it meant a lot to her.
I try to live and use the fruit of the Spirit. Galatians 5: 22- 23 explains what they are,
 "22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

I am not kind to get anything back. I just live my life the way Jesus told us to, treat people the way you want to be treated. When I have asked for prayer, people have prayed. Therefore, when people ask for prayer, I pray. It's that simple.

 I don't really believe in "magic"... as in a hocus pocus way. But, let me tell you, there is something magical about taking someone's needs to God and watching Him work. 
The blessing you receive is amazing!
Who can you be kind to this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment