Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Falling Short

All of you guys who are my personal friends, NO I did not fall down! 
I know that's what you are thinking... since I'm short. LOL

On Mondays, I work in the TV room. I make the DVD of the entire service and I edit the message to go online. This morning, I was following the advice of someone and drank a bottle of water before I rewarded myself with a Mountain Dew. 
(I'm trying to drink more water everyday.)

I turned to throw the bottle and bottle top into the trash can.. the above picture is what happened. I missed with the top! See it way over there? 

Then, God said, "You fell short there. It happens." Actually, I sort of over threw, but you get the idea. We all fall short of being perfect because we aren't perfect, and never will be.

The awesome thing about God is that He loves us, no matter what. 

We WILL fall short. He knows that.

Romans 3: 23 says, "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

And He loves us anyway.

Sometimes we are so caught up in trying to be like someone else, comparing ourselves to others, and wishing we were like someone else.

Stop that!

You are who you are because God made you that way. That is NOT falling short.

Falling short is just about our sin that we battle.
It is a battle you can win though. And it's a battle that God loves you through.

You are loved. I promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment