Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Single Mom NOT laughing!

My Heart, in one picture
I follow this blog/Facebook guy who's website is called "Single Dad Laughing". He is pretty funny and he talks about many different things dealing with life and being a single dad.

I am a single mom NOT laughing. 

This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

One big problem is that I have someone in my children's lives that I have to keep counteracting their negative comments. On top of that, I have to try to pick up their hearts when they are hurt by this person... as well as juggle the disobedience, talking back, and fighting with each other.
Blake climbed the ladder, Marc took it down

Some days, I just want to give up.

But I can't.

God has entrusted these children in my life. He gave them to me as a gift. 
Psalm 127: 3 says, "Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from Him."

I love my children dearly.. my birth ones, and my "unofficial adopted daughter". She is engaged and expecting, so I'm about to be a young grand mother too. I know that God has them all in my life to be loved. If nothing else, I'm pretty good at loving. I love and give with my whole heart. I pray that one day, my kids will look back and know that I did my best for them.

I need to take some time to watch some funny movies or something and laugh. That always relieves some stress.

We took family pictures Sunday, and thankfully, my photographer friend Shannon had me laughing. It was nice change of pace for a few minutes.

My adopted daughter and me
There is never a dull moment in this family! That's for sure. Thankfully, 
I believe these kids all know how much I love them. And I guess that's all that really matters.

My 3 Kids, Notice the fist and bunny ears!

Everyone laughing at our photographer!










No comments:

Post a Comment