Wednesday, September 10, 2014

It's the little things....

Yesterday, on my way home from work, it was not hot! YES!! It actually felt a little like fall weather. Fall is my favorite time of year. Football, fall colors, smells, tastes, holidays, etc. Cooler weather too. It gets so hot here in South Georgia! 

I had the windows down and my music loud. I like doing that. (I'm weird, I know, you don't have to tell me.)

I was listening to FEE... and during this song, I was singing, "Glory to God, glory to God, glory to God, forever.... take my life and let it be all for You and for Your glory, take my life and let it be Your's."

Here, you can listen to the song if you'd like, Glory To God by FEE

This really was a worshipful experience for me. I love the Lord and all I want is to please Him. But I keep making mistakes and messing up. I know I will never be perfect, no one is. However, the one thing in my life, that I want to get right, is pleasing Him because He has done so much for me.

In my devotional this morning, this Scripture really jumped out at me.

Psalm 19: 14 says, "May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."

I will let people down. I do let people down regularly. I probably even let God down, but I don't mean to. I love the Lord with all of my heart. He is the ONLY person I should be trying to please. Humans let me down and hurt me just as often as I do them. It's going to happen. We are human. So, if I let my life be about pleasing the ONE "person", if you will, that loves me unconditionally, I can not go wrong.

Thankfully, God is not human, so He can not lie, make mistakes, leave me, or hurt me on purpose. (Can I get an amen and thanks be to Him for that?)

I hope you will see my heart, and know that I'm learning and growing. I hope I am helping someone with this journey... because I believe it's supposed to be shared.

Look for the little ways to praise Him today... comment and let me know how your day went.
God bless you!
I wish I would have taken this. It's beautiful! God's glory!





No comments:

Post a Comment