Tuesday, September 9, 2014

God Is There For The Broken Hearted



Since I started on this journey of dating, I have made many mistakes. Of course, my divorce caused me pain, therefore, my heart has been broken a few times through it all. It's going to happen. I am a trusting person. I do not guard my heart like I should. I'm trying to do better.

There are many things in this world that cause people to have a broken heart. If you've read my blog for a couple of months, you know that a good friend of mine's little 7 year old son passed away. My friend is very broken hearted over his death, as you would imagine she is.

Another friend of mine lost her son in 2007. That broke her heart. The years do not make the broken feeling go away. Grief is hard.

Other relationship issues can cause us broken feelings and crushed spirits. People say negative things to us sometimes that just crush us. It is not a good feeling at all. (That whole sticks and stones poem is a lie! Words DO hurt!)

Thankfully, God made the promise of being close to the broken hearted and He promises to save us with our crushed spirit. 

This makes me think.... we should try really hard to not hurt others. Don't break people's hearts. Treat them right or leave them alone. 

And hear my heart on this..... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not crush someone's spirit.

Lift people up. Encourage them. Don't say negative or bad things to people.  

We do have a God who loves us and will be close to the broken hearted... thankfully... but we should not be the person who causes that pain in someone else's life on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment