Sunday, September 7, 2014

Filtering Myself

Just in case you have lived under and rock and do not know what Instagram is, I will enlighten you! LOL

Instagram is a photo app for your phone. You can take pictures, and then put a cool filter on it to make it "hip and trendy". 

I post almost all of my pictures on both Instagram and Facebook. It will post the same picture with the same caption for me.

Yesterday, I took a selfie. (Another new modern term.) But I filtered it.

This morning, I woke up and thought about it....

EVERY sky picture I take and post, I put #nofilter . Because I never put one on those. I feel like God's creation is beautiful enough without any filters on it at all.

Then yesterday, I filtered myself.

I am one of God's creations. Am I not? What makes me think I need filtering? 

My crazy brain. I am telling you. I am really fighting this and trying to dig deep and let the Holy Spirit fill my heart.... I want intimacy with Him. I want to be close to God and stop worrying about what anyone else thinks or if I feel lonely or not. I'm never alone. So, it's my problem if I feel lonely. Right?

Anyway.... here is my original picture, and my filtered picture of myself. Then some I've taken this week, with no filter at all. Enjoy!

No Filter
Filter





No comments:

Post a Comment