Sunday, September 21, 2014

Be Yourself, ALWAYS!

This world is full of junk. I mean, we are constantly bombarded with things about how we should look, what we should like, and how we should act.

Romans 12:2 says, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing, perfect will."

I admit, I have had times when I conformed to things. Probably for attention. However, it got me no where fast.

Lately, my oldest son has decided on a new way to dress. He likes dress shoes, button up shirts, suspenders, bow ties and nice dress jackets. I think it's neat. We even bought a button up white shirt and we tie dyed it. The Wednesday he wore it, everyone complimented him on it. Even some workers at a restaurant! It's unique, it's different... it's like no one else's.
His tie dyed shirt, suspenders and jacket. And silly face! LOL

I believe God wants us to be who we are. After all, He made us the way we are.

Don't conform and change to whoever you are hanging out with. (Ok, I will admit, when I was hanging out with someone last year, I was introduced to a college football team. I was somewhat of a fan only because of that...however, this year, I decided that is my team because they are really good.) By changing to please other people, or to get people to like you, use lose your uniqueness. That's so not cool.

If people leave your life because you are being yourself, that's alright. Apparently, they were not meant to be in your life to begin with. There ARE people who will love you for you. Every weird quirky part of you! LOL

One of my best friends tells me all the time how weird I am. She's right. We are so different. But she loves me anyway. She does not expect me to like everything she likes. 

I hope this gives someone the courage they might need to be yourself. No one else can be you, and God made you just the way you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment