Friday, July 11, 2014

Cleaning up messes!


Whoever said "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" is WRONG!

This statement is not anywhere in the Bible.
 (Can I get an amen and thanks be to God for that?)

I have almost always had what I call a "messy" house. It is lived in. We live here. My children are homeschooled, they are always here. I was not blessed with the OCD gene of housecleaning! Lord knows I wish I was. Lord knows I want my house to stay at certain way, but it has
 NEVER happened!

I let two of my children have their best friends sleep over last night. 
When I woke up this morning, my kitchen is destroyed! 
(Thankfully, I slept through it all.)
These teenagers look like they had a party! Pizza and brownies were made, the trash is overflowing, water bottles everywhere... seriously!?

God spoke softly to my heart. "You still make messes and I have to clean up after you."

My first thought was,"OUCH!"

You know what? He is right.
I do still make mistakes and messes with my life that He has to help me with. 

I think this experience just proves to me that God is my loving Heavenly Father. I understand how His love is unconditional and how He will help me when I get in a mess.
 Just like I will do for my children. 

ONE THING though... I need to teach my children responsibility. I think God does the same for us. I'm not going to go in there and totally clean everything up behind them like nothing happened. If I do, I am doing them a dis-service as their mom. No one in their adult life will just clean up behind them. (Unless they are rich and hire a maid.) 

We need to learn from these things. Take them into our lives and grow from them.
Have you ever had an experience with God like this? If so, tell me about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment