Thursday, July 17, 2014

Are you a builder?

I saw this picture the other day and I thought, "That is so me." I am not in the habit of tearing other people down. I think it's mean and just wrong to do that. There are some people though, for whatever reason, that feel better when they are hurting someone else.

I have been torn down by a lot of things and people in my life. There are honestly more tear downs that build ups. However, I choose to not join the crowd. I choose to continue to try to build others up. I live my life by treating people the way I want to be treated. 

In 1 Thessalonians 5: 11, Paul is encouraging the church there. He wrote, "Therefore, encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."

Proverbs 12:18 says, "The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."

Recently, someone I know's father passed away. She posted on Facebook that people have been asking how she's doing. She was pretty upset because of course, she's not doing well at all. She said she wishes people would just say, "Sorry for your loss." She feels torn down and hurt by their words. 

This whole new journey of life that I am on is teaching me a lot. I am growing and learning through each new phase of life. I hope that some of you are growing and learning with me. My goal with this blog is simply to help you see who I believe God to be and how I live. I make mistakes, I sin, I am NOT perfect. Therefore, you won't see any pointing fingers from me. I'm just a simple woman in love with her Savior, living for Him, trying to raise my kids right and enjoying the job I was provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment