Friday, June 27, 2014

More on friendship

Today, I am typing from my friend's house. I stayed the night with her to help. She has had some pain, so if you will keep praying, that would be awesome!

I started thinking this morning about what kind of friend I am, and it reminded me of what kind of friend Jesus is. 

In John 15: 15, Jesus said, "I no longer call you servants. Servants do not know their Master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything I have learned from my Father, I have made known to you."

Jesus loves us and calls us friends. He loves unconditionally. He is always here for us.

I try to be the same way. I am here for my friends. I go out of my way to show love and help. I do not do that to get anything in return. I treat people the way I want to be treated. Period. Do you?

I try to do things for people from my heart, because I want to. I know that some of my friends would do the same for me. 

Jesus loved us so much that He laid down His life for us. That was the ultimate gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment