Thursday, May 22, 2014

You are not a failure!

Dictionary.com says that failure is "an act or instance of failing or proving unsuccessful; lack of success". 

Why are we so quick to either label ourselves a failure or let someone else label us a failure?

People ARE NOT failures.

My Pastor always says that failure is an event.

So, I sit here this morning, and I could get really down on myself and allow our enemy to hit me with what hasn't gone right in my life. I went to college twice, but never got a degree. I was married for 19 years and it ended in divorce..... need I go on?

But you know what? I tried! I can honestly say that I have not really given up on anything in my life. And just because my life has not turned out like I thought it should, or like someone else thought it should... that does not mean I am a failure.

Thomas Edison who invented the light bulb had many attempts before he found the successful working bulb. I found this online: 

"When Thomas Edison was interviewed by a young reporter who boldly asked Mr. Edison if he felt like a failure and if he thought he should just give up by now. Perplexed, Edison replied, "Young man, why would I feel like a failure? And why would I ever give up? I now know definitively over 9,000 ways that an electric light bulb will not work. Success is almost in my grasp." And shortly after that, and over 10,000 attempts, Edison invented the light bulb."


It is all in how you look at life. Realize this my friends: God loves you, and you are not a failure. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you are. Don't even tell yourself that you are, because you are not!



No comments:

Post a Comment