Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Just be YOU!



Yesterday, I mentioned how we believe what is said about us when we are children. I think that is extremely true. If you heard negative things about yourself, you tend to believe those things. (Especially if they are repeated to you.)

I know for me, I struggled the older I got with believing what people said about me. Instead of looking at who I was and seeing the real Jill, I believed lies about myself. I know it sounds silly, but it's so easy to do! Children are like sponges when they are young. 
They soak up what is said to them and keep it. 

I guess this is going to be about our words again... which isn't really what I planned on writing about. It's true though. What we say to people really matters. 

Lift people up. Do not tear them down. Help them see the real them. Accent their gifts and talents. Tell them they are smart, pretty, good at things, etc. We need to help people become who God meant them to be all along and we can do that with positive words.

With all of that being said... be YOU! Do not live a fake life. Do not pretend to be someone you aren't. God gave you special gifts for a reason. There are not any two people on earth who are exactly the same. Even twins. You are unique, you are loved, and you are the ONLY you!

God loves you and He wants you to live life to the fullest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment