Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I'm such a nerd!


People close to me will be happy to tell you that I'm being fully honest here. I'm a nerd. I admit it. 

I am a fan of J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. 

This means I like all of The Lord of the Rings books and movies, as well as The Chronicles of Narnia books and movies. I can't help it.

Today, I watched The Chronicles of Narnia, Prince Caspian again. I haven't seen it in awhile.

A few things really jumped out at me. If you've never seen these movies, and aren't afraid of becoming a nerd, I recommend them. I like the Narnia movies more because I really can see the way Lewis ties God into it.

In Prince Caspian, to begin with, only Lucy, the youngest can see Aslan, the great lion who Lewis uses to represent Jesus. This reminded me that having faith like a child is what God wants from us. Sometimes children see and feel things we adults just can't.

The others, Lucy's siblings, did not believe her and questioned why he wouldn't show himself to them. She said, "Maybe you weren't looking."

Throughout the movie Aslan is leading Lucy and wants her to follow him. Her siblings take matters into their own hands and cause a lot of trouble.

Don't we do that too? God has a plan and wants us to follow Him, but we take our own path sometimes. We get into trouble, and luckily, He is always there with grace and mercy to get us out of it. God really is good all of the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment